Sunday, January 1, 2012

Trusting his timing...even when it seems his watch has stopped!

There is the little piece of decor hanging in our teacher's lounge at school and it boast one of my favorite sayings.   This has sort of become my "mantra" if you will, and I often repeat it to myself when my controlling, impatient, and sometimes overly caffeinated other side comes to the surface and I start trying to "force" things to happen in my life!  It states:  "Faith in God includes trusting his timing"...elloquent, accurate, yet ever so challenging to do for an over achiever with a tendency for ADHD!  So this year I have decided  that I will continue my crusade for demonstrating that my faith DOES IN FACT INCLUDE...trust in his timing!

Insert the reason for my focus on "timing";)  Jason has began his quest for self employment and boy has the Lord been with my family in this endeavor.  Now while most would choose to start a business during the better months of March-October, we are extreme and we like to live on the edge soooo....he started in November...just in time for the worst months of the year for a budding Fencing and Welding business.  Has he been there for us....why yes he has!  Have I chanted my mantra in the shower for the entire length of my shower....why yes I have!  But the great thing is that God has never left us or forsaken us in our time of need.  What a comfort to us to know that God will be there to provide for our needs whenever we call on him.

This morning in church, our band sang a song about prayer and it really did resound with me and I have added it to my mantra!  You gotta keep prayin!  Sometimes I think about how the Lord has brought Jason and me to this place in our lives were we are solely relying on him to provide for us and to guide us in this earthly existence and I am brought to my knees by his mighty plan.  I know that God has great and mighty plans for us as a family.  We are his for the using and that is what has brought about my blog.

Almost a year ago, I went to a ladies retreat with some of the women at our church and I listened to a speaker by the name of Jen Hatmaker!  This woman changed my life and I will forever be so grateful to her for introducing my to God's Plan.  In the day I spent listening to her I realized that I was meant for more than just being a Wife, Mom, Teacher, Wanna-Be Guitar player!  I am meant to bring glory and honor to the Kingdom of God and I realized that I have been sitting on talents that are meant to spread the Good News!  So while writing may or may not be my venue, this blog will get me started.  This morning our pastor said something that really touched me....it was early on because I volunteered to lock myself in a classroom of wonderfully energetic and curious kids ages 3-13 as a stand in Sunday School Teacher, but I digress!  Anywhooooo.... he said that his dad used to tell him that whatever you spend the first day of the year doing is what you will continue to do throughout the year and I am excited about that because today is the day that God moved me to start sharing my stories about what he has done for me.  I pray that my experiences as a mother, a wife, a teacher, a learning christian woman who loves the Lord with all of my heart, will touch someone else!  May God Bless you all in this New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment